Sunday, June 7, 2009

Their baaccckkk.....

and they were everywhere! Wendell and I were taking a break on the porch and it was like we were being attacked. I swear it seemed that their were a few dozen of little hummingbirds fighting for a space on one of the three feeders we have hanging up.

Can you see the four of them? According to my father it is suppose to be very odd for two, let alone four to share a feeder at one time but these guys did. I think this is definately my best picture of these special, little birds.

I think we ended up sitting out there for an hour before we got busy and finished working around the tomatoes in the garden. We later ran back into town and picked up a few more feeders. I don't know if that is going to be a good thing or not but we will find out. I know while I was filling up the new feeders, I had several fly up too me.

I think the new feeders will be a good investment as we love spending time on the porch and these little creatures are such fun entertainment. It is my goal to someday be able to hold the feeder while they feed. We will see.....

Take Care,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Oh..what fun you will have watching those hummingbirds from your rocking chair on the porch. It will get your mind off all the other worries of the world.

    I took time yesterday to read alot of your blog. It was very interesting. You and your hubby have been through so much. Your new home will be wonderful. Sounds like you have tons of ambition. Keep going. Good luck!

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummingbirds, they are always so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    I love to watch hummingbirds. We get about 6 each year and they are so fun to watch. How lucky to see 4 on your feeder at once...I've only seen 2 on ours and that doesn't happen very often.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete