Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Texas Sheet Cake

A few weeks ago I brought home some leftover cake for Wendell and ever since he had been bugging me to make him one of his own. Well... last week while Holli was here I did. Its a 'Texas Sheet Cake' and if your a chocoholic... your gonna love this one.

Texas Sheet Cake

INGREDIENTS


1 cup - Butter
1 cup - Water
4 Tbsp - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 cups - All-Purpose Flour
2 cups - White Sugar
1/2 tsp - Salt
2 - Eggs
1/2 cup - Sour Cream
1 tsp - Baking Soda


ICING INGREDIENTS


1/2 cup - Butter
4 Tbsp - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
5 Tbsp - Milk
4 cups - Confectioners' Sugar
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1 cup - Chopped Pecans or Walnuts

DIRECTIONS:


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.

2. Bring 1 cup butter, water and 4 tablespoons of cocoa to a boil in a large saucepan. While still hot, remove from heat and add 2 cups flour, 2 cups white sugar, and salt. Mix well. Beat in eggs, sour cream and baking soda. Do not beat too long.

3. Pour batter into a greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan. Bake in preheated oven at 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

4. To Make Icing: Bring 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 4 tablespoons cocoa and 5 tablespoons milk to a boil. Remove from heat. While still hot, add confectioners' sugar, vanilla and nuts. Beat well. Ice cake while icing is still hot.

It was great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to school to talk to the Financial Director and get my fall classes lined out. Looks like I will be taking Microcomputer Applications, Psychological Development Across the Life Span and the two necessary Technical Internships I have to take for the degree. It will be enough to consider me a fulltime student for the fall. I will also have to contact the Adult Learning Center for some tutoring for the algebra and english classes I will have to take in the spring. It is a must for me since I never had algebra in school.

Well I better get busy and start supper. Wendell was watching 'Everyday Italian' on the Food Network and found a recipe he wants me to try. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Have a good evening!

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good. I love a good chocolate cake.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete