Monday, June 22, 2009

My Day of Projects...

I have felt so lazy around here with all the heat but today I decided I was going to get something accomplished. I have a few projects around here that I had wanted to get started on so I ate breakfast and got going.

The first project of the day was a shadow box picture frame that I bought a few months ago. I painted it country red and then sponged a darker red on the outside, while I painted the inside hunter green.

The picture is one of my favorites of Jaygen sitting on grandpa Wendell's lap. His mom was trying to take the 'binky' out of his mouth and he would just grab it and stick it back in, giving her this look. It was priceless. Inside you can see a curl from his first haircut, his binky that he used when he stayed overnight here and a piece of wrapping paper he handed me while he was ripping open his presents at his first birthday party. Silly, huh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next project was this little 8 x 10 painting. I have had this in my head for a while and decided to get it down on canvas. I love sunflowers and I think it turned out pretty good. Now I am trying to decide if I want to put a black crow down in one of the corners. What do you think? Should I?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next project isn't finished yet but only because I can't find a stencil to use on them. I love nesting boxes and want to do a lot more but until I can find a stencil I guess I will have to hold off.


I have been doing searches for stencils but I can't justify paying the price some of the places are wanting. ($20 plus) I went to Hobby Lobby and they had a few but nothing like I want. Maybe I am being too picky. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have another project that I want to do but its going to require my husband's assistance. Holli and I had gone shopping in St. Charles, Missouri and saw this neat little thing and I know it would be so easy to do but it requires the use of a power tool. *laughing* Hopefully I will be able to get him to help me soon so I can share it with you all.

I hope your staying cool! Take care,

Debbie

9 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I love, love, love that painting, the frame is adorable and the boxes are very pretty, too! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shadowbox photo is so sweet!! And love your painting! I think a crow would look nice....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Your new projects look great. That picture of your grandbaby is so cute! The shadow box full of mementos is such a good idea!
    Your sunflower picture turned out very nice ~ it looks super as it is ~ but I think a crow would be a perfect touch! Shaker boxes too! You've been busy! I like to make those too, but I cover mine in fabric. have you ever tried to cut your own stencils? I haven't, but my sister did. Have you tried looking for some on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you painted! This is a wonderful Sunflower. I wouldn't add anything else to it because it would take away the glory of the flower and that is the focus of the painting. I like Sunflowers because they are to me a happy flower. Just makes me feel good when I see them, even tho they stir up allergies. Sarahe4e

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Jaygen. I love your stacking boxes can't wait to see them completed.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always drawn or painted ever since I can remember. I don't know why but I just get into spells where it can be a year before I pick up a brush. I love sunflowers... I will have to check on ebay for stencils and maybe I will be able to find a way to print what I want and create my own. Thanks for the idea Marie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! You're so talented!!!!!!!! I love everything!!!!!!! I'd have to say the frame is my fav, though. It's soooo cool!!!!!!!!! I think you should leave the painting as is.

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie,
    Love how your frame and sunflower turned out!! I think that a crow would look great with the sunflower.
    About stencils...I got some off of eBay at a very good price from PBJ Stencils & Wood. She also has a web-site...www.CreativeStencilDesigns.com

    Have a great weekend.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Debbie! The shadow box of your grandbaby is priceless! The painting is beautiful, you are so talented!

    What kind of stencil are you looking for? The reason I ask is my late aunt had a decorating book that had some in it. Maybe I have what you would like?? (free is always affordable... no?)

    ReplyDelete