Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cream of Asparagus Soup


Yesterday was a sad day... I had to drive Holli back to the airport. It was hard to believe she had been here ten days. Time just flew by too fast. The last few days had been so hot and humid here that we didn't get to go digging around in the sheds too much but she did help me come up with some good ideas for a few things. Now I just have to do them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week I had told you about our visit to our friend Diana's house and how she prepared a wonderful lunch for us. I had never had Cream of Asparagus soup before and fell in love with it when she served it. The recipe was pretty easy and a great way for me to use up some of our surplus asparagus. (Yes, I am still picking it out of the garden!)

INGREDIENTS

1 large 'family-size' can - Mushroom Soup

1 1/2 Cup - Chicken Broth
1 quart - Heavy Cream
2 - 8 oz cans - Sliced Mushrooms
2 tsp - Minced Garlic
2 lbs. - Fresh Asparagus, cut into 1/2" pieces
3 - 4 - Green Onions, sliced
Salt and Pepper for taste

Combine the mushroom soup and chicken broth together in a small stockpot.

Next add the mushrooms, garlic, asparagus and green onions.

Cook on medium heat, slowly adding the heavy cream until you get the consistancy you want. Let it cook on low for about 20 minutes, being careful not to let it scorch.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We really enjoyed this soup. I think next time I make it, I will try using fresh mushrooms. It was wonderful and definately a keeper to my recipe box. Thank you Diana!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that school is out, I am hoping that I can devote a little more time to posting and creating here. I have so many ideas of things to do, I just have to get up and do them. I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take Care,

Debbie

7 comments:

  1. Cream of asparagus soup sounds good! The other night I broiled some w/ olive oil, sea salt and parmesan cheese - it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broil or grill it at least once a week. I will have to try it with the parmesan. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you and Holli had such a great visit. It's always sad to see company go home especially when you are having so much fun.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good. I'm away from home and my husband called to give me a garden update. He said he has been cutting the asparagus in my absence (one week) so there should be lots when I get back. I'll try making some soup as a change of pace. Thanks - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch for the soup....its is delicious!! Im sad to be home too sis!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you all had such a great time! I've never had that kind of soup ever! Hmm..maybe I'll have to try that sometime!

    Your St. Charles trip looked like alot of fun!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe sounds yummy ~ a new way to eat my favorite veggie is always appreciated!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete