Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Country Sampler

Yesterday I decided to go thru one of my boxes in the garage that was marked 'craft stuff'. It was a box that had been stored down in the basement of the other house and apparently never unpacked. In it I found a handful of old magazines that had been my mom's. There were several old Country Sampler Magazines and I was amazed to find the 10th Anniversary issue, dated 1994! It was 15 years old and in pretty good condition. It amazed me to see how the magazine and crafts have evolved in the last 15 years.

I also came across an old 'Christmas Ideas' magazine from Better Homes and Gardens. My mom had several things marked in it that she actually had made. A lot of the christmas ornaments I have were made by her and the pattern came from this magazine which is dated '1989'. Its probably silly to get so excited by old magazines but I did.


I meant to share a 'before' and 'after' picture of this little chair but got in a big hurry and forgot to take the before. About eight years ago I went dumpster diving and found this chair. It was the old country blue color and missing two of the rungs in the back. Wendell wondered why but I just knew I had to have it. I painted it green with leftover paint from the craft room. I want to do a design on it but haven't figured out exactly what yet.


Jaygen stayed over-night this weekend. I was a little nervous at first because its been several months since we have kept him. His mom and dad had plans to take bunnies to an animal swap Sunday morning and I couldn't see them waking him up at 3 am to take him along.


He was a perfect angel (of course) and full of smiles. We had no trouble at all when it came to bedtime either. He woke up Sunday morning full of energy.


As you can see.... he loved the little chair. He was dragging it all over the place when he wasn't working on his puzzle. His mom and dad came to pick him up later that afternoon and even though I love him to death, it was nice to be able to sit and relax once he went home. *laughing*

~~~~~~~~~~

Today I have an appointment at the school to see about my fall classes. You know.... all the fun ones like english, math, etc. I am thinking I want to go fulltime but we will have to see. It will all depend on if I qualify for my pell grant again this year.

When I get home, I plan on clearing out the diningroom. Since we moved, its was a 'holding' area for boxes I didn't know what to do with. Now that I have the new diningroom table to finish in there, I am wanting to work on it. Hopefully it won't get too hot and I can clear out the junk.

Enjoy your Wednesday and take care,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how people who are so tiny can wear you out in such a big way! But ~ it's all worth it, isn't it. I love the green you used on the chair, by the way.

    The old magazines are fun - craft styles have changed so much in just the past couple years - I bet the change is pretty dramatic from 15 years ago!

    Good luck with getting all the school registration, etc done and good luck with that dining room too! I have several "holding" areas at my house too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog about Christmas ornaments is interesting. There will be an article about old fashioned tatting ornaments on www.ornaments.com/blog posted June 16 which your readers might find interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like looking thru old magazines too - you never know what treasures you can find in there! Jaygen is a cutie! (When I watch my niece and nephew - I feel like I need to take a 10 hour nap after they leave - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your grant so you can continue! That little guy sure is cute - don't you wish you had some of his energy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your grant. I love the little chair and it fits Jaygen perfectly. :)

    Thanks for sharing those old magazines with us.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete