Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Wish For Decorating Inspiration and Other Happenings on Saturday...

It was another rainy day here in Allenville (aka Chaffee, Missouri) which made it great for getting some cleaning and unpacking done. I told Wendell that we weren't going anywhere until I could see my kitchen floor. Well, while I was waiting for him to get moving I decided to start outside on the front porch.

When I walked outside, the first site I saw was the site of the water rising, thanks to all the rain we have been getting. Hopefully it will stop before it goes over the levee.

We knew that the area has the possibility to some flooding but told that it has only reached our yard once. I pray that we won't find out first hand. Last week I talked to a few of the area residents and was told once in a while the roads will be closed off and we may be 'trapped' at home for a day or two but I am ready for it. The freezer is full and the pantry is stocked!

I did get the porch cleaned off and straightened up. I have been playing with 'primming' the place up a bit out there but without having a decorating bone in my body, I am at a loss on what to do. Hopefully when Holli gets here, later this month, she can help me.

This is one of my upcoming projects. The craft room a.k.a. the spare bedroom. I picked up some paint samples to decide. I want something calm, relaxing but yet creative.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to my Saturday goal... the kitchen. Wendell and I have lived in the house for a month now and I have been fighting where to put everything. Yesterday I buckled down and dug in. Here is my 'before' picture.


We can't afford to do anything about the old flooring so all I did was give it another good scrubbing. The old table was in the house when we moved in and I didn't want to lose it since its an antique so we took the legs off and I hope to use it as my sewing table in the craft room.

Here is the kitchen after everything was cleared out and put away. Oh... and 'bad kitty' who thinks she found a new place to perch. Tabitha and Ellie love the windows here at the new house.

I love my table. Its great for when I bake. Its just the right size for rolling out cookie dough or kneading bread. Now that the kitchen is cleaned up, all I need to do is finish touching up the paint and finding a table to cover the well tank there in the corner. My hope is to move the water cooler over there.

I hate to have my canisters and spoons there but with no cabinet space, I don't know where to go with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the kitchen was tackled, we ran into town to pick up a few groceries. The grass has grown so much and I hated having to walk in it to get to the jeep. I was forced to watch where I was walking when what do I find????

A four leaf clover! Maybe its a sign that things will be looking up!

Well, I best get ready for church. Their selling the new church cookbook today. I am anxious to get a copy. I love those type of cookbooks.

Debbie







4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Debbie! I need to get moving myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just wonderful with the vase with the daisies:0 Your doing great...Love the long porch that you have!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't do a thing to those floors even if you could! They are great! I love your place!! It looks so nice and homey. That table is awesome--it looks like a great baking table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a couple rooms that are still in the before stages! That picture of your kitty cracked me up. You know the only thought in kittys head was...I'm so happy my mom set this spot up just for me! I don't think there's an area of our home that my 16 year old cat doesn't think it's sole purpose is to fill her need.

    I've posted my mothers day gift ideas you might enjoy.

    sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete