Friday, May 8, 2009

The Water's Rising....

This was the view from my porch yesterday morning. I don't know about you but it looks like the water is still rising despite what the Missouri Corp of Engineers is saying.


The water was just a few feet from the road when I was on my way to school in the morning.


This is one of the drainage ditches that is about 1/2 mile from our house. If you look close enough you can see a few of the white birds that have moved in. I imagine they are feasting on all the little bugs and fish that have washed up into the fields.


From what I have been told, the river has to crest at 43 feet before it will actually reach our yard and close the road we on. Last year was the first year it had ever reached the house. I'm praying that it won't do it again at least for the next 80 years. Unfortunately we got more rain last night. It looks higher out there this morning but it wasn't light enough to get a picture at the time of this post. Good news is that by Saturday afternoon the rain is suppose to stop. It will be so nice to have some dry weather. I need to get out in the garden and finish planting. They are saying that because of the rain, only 5% of the Missouri corn crop has made it into the ground. Looks like corn is gonna be late.

I am so glad its Friday! Only 13 days till Holli comes and visits! Hopefully I will be picking up some paint this weekend so I can get started on the spare room upstairs. I don't find the 'hot pink' color that is up there now too relaxing. *laughing*

Take care and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. The blue skies in your photos are so deceiving!
    I have a love/hate relationship with water...love to swim, bath, cook and clean with it...yet hate to clean it up when it come into our basement!
    UGH!
    Hope the sun dries it all up before it has a chance to get to you!
    Have a great weekend, and a memorable Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie it's nice to see how excited you are about your friend coming. Nothing like good times with friends.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im soooo excited!!! And yeah I have been neglecting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I tried to leave you a comment and it wouldn't let me??


    trying agian :)

    Only 12 more days now! YIPPEE!

    have a beautiful weekend, Debbie
    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray you all are safe there! I also pray you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Thank you so much for your prayers they mean so much!:0) God Bless!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete