Friday, May 15, 2009

A Walk Around The Farm

Its been raining so much around here that when I had the chance to walk around the yard I brought my camera along so I could share a few pictures with you all.

First stop is the irises that are growing on the back side of the house, near the garage. I love that they come in all different colors. Unfortunately all we see around here are yellow but that's ok cause their still pretty.

Next stop was the garden. Its been so wet that we only got a few things planted. The tomatoes are growing really good. Some of them are already sporting little yellow blossoms.


Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough to get the rest of the garden planted. According to the weather guy we're suppose to have a few dry days starting on Sunday.


We were really excited to find fruit trees around here. The peach tree is going to be loaded. I can almost taste them now. We have two peach and two apple trees. There is a pecan tree out there and also a elderberry tree. Wendell is really excited about the elderberry tree as his daddy use to make elderberry wine. Over the past few years Wendell has gotten into doing some wine making of his own. He made some watermelon wine that is to die for!

Wendell has been trying to do a lot of trimming around the yard because some places are really overgrown. Out on the front fence we found a vine growing that looks a lot like a grape vine. What do you think?


Here's a closer look at the leaves. I am hoping it is grapes but only because I have visions of grape jelly while Wendell has visions of wine fermenting.

On my tour of the yard I came across this little guy on the front porch. He was a loud little frog.

After supper Wendell let Sasha out and found this 'unwelcomed' guest slithering around the porch. Yup... its a copperhead!


Needless to say, he was 'disposed' of. I normally would leave them to their own but he was too close to my front door and didn't want to take the chance of him showing up while Jaygen was around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plans for this weekend include painting my craft room and getting the house cleaned for Holli's visit. I can't wait to pick her up from the airport on Thursday. We have plans for hitting a few yard sales and craft shops. Since there isn't many here we have plans to head over to St. Charles, Missouri for a day and hopefully meet up with a mutual 'web friend' named Diana.

You may remember Diana from the pictures of our move. She was the friend who contacted the church here in Chaffee that helped us move. Holli and I met her on one of our favorite websites, Frugal Village.

Take care girls and guys. I hope you have a great weekend,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie - thanks for sharing the pictures! You are so lucky your growing season is longer than mine LOL. I so much want to get outside and put my veggies in! My pear tree is in bloom but it will be quite a while before we have pears. We had a peach tree a few years ago but the winter killed it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have did if I went outside and seen that lurking around my porch. Your flowers look pretty and what luck to have so many fruit trees.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    I promised that I didn't send the snake to your house. lol... At least yours was still outside. Cute frog!
    Hope you have a great weekend too!
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm....Holli is not real fond of snakes!!! He cant get in the house can he???? I cant wait to get there thursday either....can do without the snake though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ssssssssnnnnnnnaaaaakkes!!!!!!!!! Oh dear!
    Snakes alive! I freeze and vomit when I see them! You are much braver than I am in being able to take its picture!

    Have a wonderful time with Holli and I hope to meet you all!

    ReplyDelete