Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trip to St. Charles, Missouri

Holli and I wanted to do some craft shopping and the only place I could think of was St. Charles, Missouri. I am sure there are other places close by but I remember going here once a year with my mom when they had their big craft show. It was always a great place to go and be inspired.

The trip was also a good excuse for us to make a side trip to visit our friend Diana. Some of you may remember Diana as my friend from Frugal Village who helped put Wendell and I in contact with a local church here and helped us move.


When Diana found out we were going to be in the area she invited us to come for a nice visit and lunch. We got there around 10 o'clock and had a wonderful lunch. Diana had made asparagus soup (recipe coming in an upcoming post!), a chicken and fruit salad and for dessert... brownies with whipped cream and fresh raspberries! We ended up chatting for three hours and then it was off to St. Charles for some shopping.

I love the shoppes here and how you can basically walk down one side and back up the other. So many wonderful shops... so many great ideas to take home with us.


There were several places in between the shops that had flowers filling in the empty spaces. Everything was in bloom and despite the fact it was sprinkling off and on all day we had a fun time. Neither of us really bought anything. I did stop at the 'Dog Bakery' and picked up a chew and squirrel cookie for Sasha. Oh... and can't forget the ice cream.


There were some really unique signs hanging up. I may have to make plans to visit again in August when they have their big craft show.


I thought this sign was cute and sending a copy home with Holli for her mum who happen's to be Alice!

We really had a nice day even though it was a long one. I think I was in bed by 8 pm! *laughing* I hate driving in all that traffic. Only for Holli would I do it! :)

Debbie




6 comments:

  1. It was awesome to have you both in my home for lunch. I don't think my lunch would hold a candle to your cooking, but I was glad to share it with you and so happy to meet Holli. Glad you enjoyed St. Chas! Another good place to eat there is Lewis and Clark restaurant. Great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there and loved it of course that was ten years ago:) I'm sure some things have changed. Glad you had a good time.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful day! I love the shop signs and the town looks so cozy. Nothing better than wondering through some fun stores, with friends, on a lovely day!

    I'm looking forward to the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like my kinda place! I'm sure you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a nice lunch and going shopping in a place like that looks like a great day to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,
    It looks like you and Holli had a wonderful time. St Charles looks so inviting and charming...what a great place to go shopping!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete