Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cookie Bouquets

Good Morning! Its a cool 54 degrees here this morning in Chaffee but hey.... the sun is shining! Hopefully it will warm up a little and Wendell will be able to get out into the garden. I so want to get the rest of it planted. I am afraid if we wait much longer it won't get done.

Remember last week when I was telling you all about what I hoped to do this summer in the lines of working from home? Well baking was on that list of things and I found some pictures from a few years ago.

My kids love it when I make cut-out cookies so I had played around with making some cookie bouquets. Back then I was working in a busy call center and after I brought in the first couple bouquets, I started getting orders like crazy. Everyone seemed to love them but once I left, no one ever bothered to call back. Was a little depressing but fun while it lasted. Here are a few of the bouquets I did.

Honey Bee Bouquet


Soccer Time


Happy Birthday Cowboy!


Happy Father's Day!


This was a special order for an anniversary party I did. They requested eight bouquets all in different pastel colors. They looked so pretty together.

I am hoping to get back into it again because there is nothing like this in the area that I know of. Heaven knows my prices were a lot better than one of the big companies bouquets. Can you believe they charge close to $7 - $8 a cookie???? Crazy I tell you!

Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me. I have orders for two cakes this week and I think that's what got me thinking more about this again. I really need to get off my butt and make myself some cards to hand out.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Only 5 1/2 days of school left!! Only 2 days until I pick Holli up from the airport!!! Take Care,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Those cookie bouquets are beautiful. I'd certainly buy something like that if it was available in my area. They'd be an especially big hit for people in nursing homes or the hospital if they could be sugar free cookies. I know when my sister was in the hospital she loved it when I'd bring something for her to share with her nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,

    They are gorgeous. I love those and I have seen what they charge. Good luck!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous!! I love how you decorated these!! I wish you lived in my area - I would definitely order from you!

    ReplyDelete