Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beef Enchiladas and the Passport Ceremony

Its so nice having my kitchen straightened out and all the boxes put away because now I am getting back into cooking again. Last night I was in the mood for mexican and decided to try an enchilada recipe I got from www.allrecipes.com . Wendell even liked it!


BEEF ENCHILADAS

Ingredients


1 pound - Lean Ground Beef
1 small - Onion, chopped
1 small can - Ole' El Paso Enchilada Sauce
10 (10 inch) - Flour Tortillas
2 Cups - Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 (2.25 oz.) can - Black Olives, sliced and drained


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, cook the ground beef and onion until the beef is evenly browned and the onion is tender.

2. Open the can of enchilada sauce and pour half of it into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish.

3. On each flour torilla, place an equal portion of the ground beef mixture and about 1 ounce of the cheddar cheese, reserving at least 1/2 cup of the cheese. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place them, seam side down, in the baking dish.

4. Pout the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.

5. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly or the cheese is thoroughly melted.


I served it with a salad and it rated a 'seven' on Wendell's food scale. He told me I would of got an eight except it needed more salt. You know.... if he doesn't start giving some of these meals a higher score, he may be doing his own cooking! *laughing*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday at school they had what they call their 'Passport Ceremony'. They do them every year for the seniors and adult students who are graduating from their courses. You have to have at least a B average and good attendance to receive this award. The passport consist of a letter of recommendation from the school's director and the teacher for your course. A copy of your resume along with your compentencies and certificate of completion. It will also include any other certificates the students have received throughout the year. Well good news.... I have an A average and good attendance so I received one!

I cannot believe there is only 21 days of school left to go. Only two weeks, tomorrow, until Holli comes to stay for ten days! Yee Haw!!!

Well, I better go. I am having to use a computer at school because our phone line has been down for the past two days. Its so fustrating, especially since we just got the internet working. I called yesterday and was told the earliest they could get to us was Friday! Crazy, huh?

Take care everyone and I hope you all are having a great Wednesday.

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! Love the recipe and I'm going to try it:) because I love enchiladas!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy. Enjoy your friends visit.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete