Monday, May 18, 2009

3 More Days!!!

I was a busy little bee all weekend trying to get my craft room painted and cleaned up for Holli's visit on Thursday. I can't believe she will be here in three days!!!

As you can tell by my 'before' picture, the room was a bright, pepto-bismol pink.

After two coats of Kilz paint, it now looks like this! At first I thought the green would be too dark but I absolutely love the way it turned out. I can see many hours of crafting in my future up there.



I still haven't figured out what I will do for curtains yet but I am thinking of finding an old floral sheet I have around here and doing something until I find something else. The weird thing about the windows.... there are four of them but when they put the siding on the house they covered up the two on the ends. That would be ok if they had covered them up on the inside too but they didn't and now you have a view of siding.

I am so glad that its almost finished. Holli is staying for ten days and I really wanted her to have a place she can go for some privacy. Do you think she'll like it?

Well, I am off to town with Wendell. My son gave him a second, 29 gallon fish aquarium. He has had set up for the past two weeks and now he wants to go look for some fish. Just what we need.... Anywho... I hope you all had a great weekend and an uneventful Monday!

Take Care,

Debbie


7 comments:

  1. What a difference Debbie...If it were me I'd get mini blinds and keep the ones on the end closed that way you couldn't see the siding that they put over them, really like the shade of green you chose:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new room. It looks great. I love the new color.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it....I may not go home!! But come on now...fess up...you just didnt wanna hear me snore!!! LOL! Cant wait to see you. I guess I really should pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What is the name of that new green color? It looks so calming and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name of the paint is 'herbal tea' by Kilz. It says it will only take one coat but with the bright 'peptp' pink walls, I gave it two. I look forward to creating up there.

    Take Care,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete