Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's Happening....

Good morning! What a beautiful foggy and rainy day it is here in Chaffee, Missouri. I am getting ready for school while others are still in bed sleeping. Must be nice, huh? Ellie and Tabitha sure enjoy sleeping in.


There hasn't been a whole lot going on around here because of the rain. The garden is still only half planted. I did go out and look around it last night and saw that the onions are starting to pop up! I can't wait to have my own red onions to cook with.


I am still picking asparagus everyday. Last night I picked some that were almost two feet tall! Its gotta be the humidity and rain we're getting. Right now, I have at least 7 bundles of the stuff waiting to be eaten. Its a good thing I love the stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is buffet day at school. We are working with limited inventory still because of the fire last week. Yesterday we smoked 4 pork shoulders, a beef brisket and two turkey breast on our commercial smoker. It smelled sooooooooo good! I am hoping to get some pictures to share with you today since Fran and I were in charge of the menu planning. I think we did pretty good considering we only needed the school to purchase a few things for us. They are trying to keep the inventory low since we only have 20 more days to go!!!

On the home front, Wendell finally got a letter from the Social Security Administration this week stating his determination hearing is scheduled for June 15th. (only 5 months from the original one when they sent him to a few of their doctors) We are hoping for the best.

Yesterday, Wendell also met with the Vocational Rehabilitation people and was told if he can pass the entrance exam for a specific program he wants, they would pay for up to four years of college. Ever since I've known him, he's expressed a desire to go to school for agriculture but with his MS, he knew that things may be limited. He talks with the agriculture teacher at SEMO University this afternoon to see if there is something he'd be able to do once he graduated. Its good to see him excited about something as I was fearing the depression was getting the best of him lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all have a great day and with Earthlink willing to work, I hope to post again tonight. We've not been having much luck with the internet lately.

Take Care,

Debbie


4 comments:

  1. Debbie your Asparagus looks wonderful!
    I wish I was able to get a garden in this year, but there just won't be enough time. I will plan in advance for next year!
    I hope all works out with your hubby...that would be a great opportunity!
    Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ~ I am so envious of your asparagus! It just keeps coming and coming, doesn't it!! My family just loves it! I may have tot ry and grow it here. I wonder how it would do in Maryland?

    I'll be praying for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all goes well with your hubby. I'm glad you are doing ok in the new place.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your asparagus looks so good. I'm the only one here that eats it but I'm going to plant some. I'm praying that all goes well for Wendell.

    ReplyDelete