Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

Good Morning everyone! We still do not have internet at home but that is a good thing. It forces me to unpack boxes. We (meaning me) are getting the boxes slowly unwrapped and sorted. You never realize how much junk you have until you have to move it all.

Its been rainy the last few days. We even got a few snow flurries yesterday. Thankfully it is sunny today. I am praying that we have seen the last of the cold weather. Wendell and I are so ready to get out into the garden and get the yard in shape here. I have asparagus that is almost picking size! I can't wait to eat it!!

This weekend, I took time out to spend the afternoon with my friend Fran and make some candy for Easter. We did our version of 'Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs'. The recipe was pretty simple and it only took a few hours to do 75 eggs. We had decided that we wanted to do them for our families and the kids at school. They turned out great! I had to hide the rest of mine as Wendell was eating them like they were going out of style. (and he wonders how he can't lose weight!)

Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup - Butter, softened

2 1/3 cup - Confectioners' Sugar

1 cup - Graham Cracker Crumbs

1/2 cup - Creamy Peanut Butter

1/2 tsp. - Vanilla Extract

1 1/2 cups - Dark Chocolate Chips

2 Tbsp. - Shortening

Pastel Sprinkles

*Note* I used Chocolate Almond Bark instead of the Chocolate Chips and Shortening. They dried faster too!

In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add the confectioners' sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla. Shape into 16 eggs; place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

In a microwave, melt the chocolate almond bark; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles; return eggs to waxed paper. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Yield: 16 eggs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The eggs turned out great and were really easy to do. I just hope they make it to Easter!

On the homefront, I am still waiting to get the internet connected. Since we still live in the boonies, we will have to deal with dial-up again. Its hard to believe that we will be doing without for almost 3 weeks. Thank goodness for lunch hour access at school. I do look forward to having the time to catch up with everyones blog. I may have to devote a whole day to it!

Well, I better get going. I have school today. Only two days till Spring Break! Yippee!!!!

Take care and I hope to visit again soon.

Debbie

12 comments:

  1. Those peanut butter eggs look divine and you decorated them so beautifully! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Good luck unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! Your eggs look soooo good!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Have a Wonderful Easter.
    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the peanut butter eggs. They are my hubby's favorite...so I think I will surprise him with some.
    Hope you get your internet back soon. It's hard to be without it when you are use to having it.
    Have a great week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, yummy those peanut butter eggs sounds DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eggs look so yummy!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those peanut butter eggs look fantastic. Good luck with the unpacking. Maybe you can put on some music that makes you feel like you are having fun while doing it. I sometimes do that with the housework. It will have a good beat and I just sing away (by myself of course) while cleaning and it goes by faster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so YUMMY!!!!! Can't wait till you get internet again, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmmmm they look so good. I'll have to try them out.

    Hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie - I miss your posts & look forward to you being back online!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant wait for you to be back on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing the recipe also. I don't have time to make them before tomorow, but I will be making them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reece's peanut butter cups is the *ONLY* chocolate candy my son will eat. These will go in my recipe vault. :)
    Did you write A-L-L those names! You must have worked in a bakery at sometime in your life, because each name is perfectly beautiful.
    Writing with frosting is my challenge.
    How about giving us a tutorial? I know your followers would love a lesson in frosting script 101.

    Sweet Wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. the eggs are really good debbie i will miss seeing u all when ever its time for school to start back so hopefully we can stay connected on facebook

    ReplyDelete