Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A New Recipe...

Can you believe it??? Two posts in one day! I even cooked and tried a new recipe. I have been holding onto this one for a month now and despite the fact I was pooped after the buffet today I cooked. I can tell you now, it wasn't one of Wendell's favorites as he's a meat eater and this was totally vegetable.

VEGETABLE Lo Mein


Ingredients

1/4 Cup - Oyster Sauce
1/4 Cup - Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon - Sesame Oil
1/4 Cup - Sugar
2 packages (8 ounces) - Lo Mein Noodles
Assorted Vegetables
Meat (optional)
Garlic


1.) Boil water and cook noodles, per the package directions. Drain when finished cooking.

2.) Add olive oil to wok or large skillet and saute vegetables. (I used broccoli, carrots, onions, snow peas, mushrooms)

3.) Mix together in a separate bowl the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Set aside.

4.) Once noodles are done and drained, add the sauce to your vegetable mixture.

Toss together with noodles and simmer for about 3 minutes just to incorporate the flavors and heat through.

Serves 4 to 6 people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I also wanted to share the surprise I got from Fran yesterday. Over the past month we have both commented on how we wish we could of had t-shirts made to commemorate our time in culinary class. Well, Fran has a friend who makes t-shirts and we ordered one. Our names are on the front and it has a cute picture on the back of a chef.


We got a lot of comments on the shirts and the meal we prepared today. I wanted to get pictures of the buffet but I was kinda put in charge this morning and barely had time to breathe. Our buffet consisted of BBQ Pork Butt, Pepper Jack Chicken, Baked Mac and Cheese, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Baked Beans, Spinach, Slaw, Broccoli with Tortellini Salad, Toss Salad and a Mexican Cornbread. YUMMY!


Its hard to believe that we only have four weeks of school left. One thing I will definately miss are the kids. Here our four of the girls who are in the afternoon class with us. Aren't they beautiful? From left to right: Paige, Katie, Brittany and Olivia

I hope you all had a wonderful evening. As I am finishing this up its starting to thunder and lightening outside. Looks like it will be a nice night of hearing the rain hit the tin roof. Sweet dreams and I'll hope to check in again in the morning.

Take Care,

Debbie



4 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. I bet it's fun going back to school.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The menu sounds so yummy!
    I shouldn't be reading this before breakfast!
    Those shirt are so cool!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lo mein dishes - so glad you posted this recipe - thank you! Love the shirts - they are cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such good Information,

    Really appreciate the work done by

    you.....If you are out for genuine

    recepie tips ......Please Check out the

    blog mentioned below its really

    cooool !!!!!!! Also there is an amazing

    Tea game.... Check it out, I'm Sure

    you'll love it.

    http://staysharpwithrecepies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete