Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Its Tuesday and I'm Back Online....

Good Morning! I am so excited about finally being back online. Maybe now I can devote the time to my blog that I have been wanting too. We have officially been living at the new house for two weeks now and we are still unpacking but at least it looks and feels a little bit more like home. The kitchen is still a mess but at least I found the can opener last week so it makes cooking a little easier.

I hope you all had a nice Easter. We had a good one. Wendell and I went to church and enjoyed a wonderful sermon. We feel so much at home there. Everyone has welcomed us into the congregation. After church we came home and Wendell smoked a pork tenderloin and some of our fresh asparagus from the garden. It turned out great! Our company included my oldest son, his girlfriend and the light of our lives, Jaygen. We were also blessed with the company of a good friend that I met at school.


Jaygen kept us entertained as he always does. He is going on seventeen months old and has really developed his own personality. We is finally warming up to grandpa Wendell more, which means he isn't afraid to approach grandpa. For a while there, everytime Wendell would get close to him, he would cry. Hopefully we will be able to spend more time with him now that we are moved and they will bond more.

I have been on Spring break since last Wednesday and had hoped to get a lot more accomplished around here. Trying to find an internet provider has definately proved to be a challenge. I called AT&T with the hope of signing on but was extremely disappointed, after waiting a week for the software, that they did not have a local access number for dial up service here in the 'boonies'. After a dozen phone calls yesterday I finally found a service with a local access number. Yippee!!!! No more internet withdrawl!!! *laughing*

We still have not closed on the house yet but the realtor assures us that it will be this week. I will be so glad to finally be able to have the electric turned off. We don't need the added bill. Our landlord came over last week and told us they didn't read the meter here at the new place till the 18th and he won't be charging us electric till next month! What a blessing.

Well, I better close for now. Today is my last day of spring break and we have to make a trip to the house to get the last of the boxes and the pool. Wendell has his sickle mower and wagon wheels yet too but we haven't figured out how we will move them since they are so heavy. Hopefully we will figure something out. He loves his old sickle mower. *laughing*

I hope you have a great day. I look forward to catching up on all your blogs. I want to see what I have missed.

Take Care,

Debbie

Ok.... I had to leave with this picture. He is so cute in his levi's!


8 comments:

  1. Jaygen is definitely a cutie. I'm glad you are getting settled in your new home. I can't wait to see pictures.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posting. That little guy is precious in his levis. I'm glad you found a church home that makes you feel welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so glad that you are back online!
    Jaygen is so adorable...I can see how entertaining he can be!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie!! I love the redbud tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...he is growing up so fast!! Look at that little butt! Glad to have you back sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back. He is one heck of a cutie! What tiny levi's! Can't wait to read and catch up.
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! I love his eyes & eyebrows, they're so expressive! My grandbaby Love the little Levis!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Jayden sure is a handsome little guy! I never could resist those little jeans on my Colt either...they look so cute with that little behind! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete