Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching Up...

I feel like such a 'slacker' lately. I haven't been keeping up here like I want to. My excuse is that I still have boxes to unpack and my desk is still unorganized. I am hoping that this weekend I can finally get things put away. A month is plenty of time, right? No more excuses!

Monday was a little sad for us. We finally signed the papers for the sale of the house. It is no longer ours. Wendell was really upset when he saw the dollar amount the bank was actually getting was $28,500 less than what we owed on it. Really sad when you think of how we wanted to work something out with them and they wouldn't even talk to us. I guess that's the system for you. Oh well, we are coming to love the new place and we are really enjoying the time we have spent here so far. We have already met so many people in the month we have been here. They all have made us feel so welcome and part of a community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day, while it wasn't raining, I had the opportunity to see something I had only seen in movies.... A crop duster! Apparently they are very common down here. This guy had a bright yellow plan and was flying so low. Of course my camera would not cooperate when I was trying to get some good close-ups.

There were times he looked to be flying low enough to go under the power lines.


It was really something neat to see, if you hadn't ever seen it being done before. Since this day, we have seen him twice more in the area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I got to come home early from school. We have been having issues with our freezer since the weekend. It had froze up and everything in it was beginning to thaw out. Well, yesterday they had the school's HVAC class in there 'fixing' it. At lunch, the teacher walked in to check it and black smoke rolled out of it. It had caught fire! What a stinky mess. It was odd but I wasn't upset so much about the freezer catching fire as I was by the fact that the teacher and students had repaired it. Hmmmmmm..... I wonder if they all got failing grades for that one?

Coming home early was nice though. Wendell was out in the yard mowing it and it looks good. He found asparagus growing in the front yard, by the road too! The stalks were too big to pick and we have no clue how they got up there except maybe some had gone to seed and took root. Next spring I will have to keep an eye on it.

It looks like we're going to have another beautiful day here. The entire weekend is suppose to be in the low 80's! I think we are going to have to find the screens that go on the windows so we can let some of the fresh air in. It appears that it will definately be a little breezy here in the flatland!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! I am going to try to get some more pictures taken so I can share more with you.

Take Care,

Debbie


5 comments:

  1. Debbie~You are such a slacker...you should be ashamed of yourself! LOL
    Those are the neatest pics of the crop duster.
    I am glad to hear that moving in is going smoothly.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie...it is a shame the banks won't work with the homeowners...we went through the same thing on my DH old house ended up letting it go
    but was worth it all in the long run we love where we live now...hope you have a great weekend...
    Prim Blessings...
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment. I know I am one of many who will be starting over and I hope that I can find a job soon so that I can start over soon.

    Good luck with the unpacking. I am still packing!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I found you! I'll check back often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,
    Great pictures of the plane dusting the crops. We live near an Air Force Base and we see alot of fighter jets doing their drills...and I know what you mean about the planes flying so low that they look like they are going to hit something.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete