Saturday, March 14, 2009

What A Start To A Saturday!

Well its only 5 am and I just scared the crap out of my husband. I am an early riser. It is rare that I can sleep past 4:30 am in the morning. I guess its become a habit from when I had to get up and help Wendell feed all the animals before we both went to our full-time jobs.

This morning, like any other, I got up at 4:24 am and started my morning routine of getting Wendell's coffee and injection ready for the day. Then I usually fire up the computer to check my email. Its never more than 30 minutes when Sasha comes and pokes her head into the computer room needing to go outside. Well, we go to the door. I give her the talk about doing her business and coming right back, never thinking that I should check what is out in the yard before I let her go.

This morning was no different. I am giving her the "talk" while opening the door, then I look up to see the biggest deer I have ever seen up close standing in the yard with a friend! Next thing I know, Sasha is running after them and I started calling/screaming for her to come back. I was so afraid the deer would go after her. Surprisingly she came back before she hit the edge of the woods. She thought she was in trouble and did not even stop to go pee. Poor baby.... I finally coaxed her back out but not until Wendell got up to see what was the matter. We have lived here over three years and never seen deer up in the yard, so close to the house. I wish I could of gotten a picture cause only Sasha and I know what we saw! *laughing*

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and managed to make it through Friday the 13th with no unexpected problems.

Take Care,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. What a way to wake up! We've had deer right up to the edge of our house. I have a sedum plant that they tend to eat each fall. They chop the head off of it!

    ReplyDelete