Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting


Before I forgot, I wanted to share the recipe for the chocolate icing I made the other day. This stuff smelled so good and tasted wonderful.

The teacher who had ordered the cake was so pleased with it that he was showing everyone and anyone who would look. I have a feeling that I may be getting a few more cake request in the future. That is ok though because my job of choice would be cooking and baking from my home, for others.

I found this recipe off http://www.allrecipes.com/. Its a great site!

Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup - Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

4 tablespoons - Butter

1/2 cup - Sour Cream

1 teaspoon - Vanilla Extract

1/4 teaspoon - Salt

2 3/4 cups - Confectioners Sugar

Melt the chocolate chips and butter together. Let it cool and then blend in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat well until the frosting is of spreading consistency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday while I was at school Wendell was down at the house taking up the old carpet in the diningroom. He told me that there was linoleum under that carpet as well and it was really pretty compared to the other stuff we found in the bedroom. (Note to self: Make sure DH has access to a camera so he can take pictures of the neat things he discovers.) He said the floor was not as pretty as the floor in the livingroom but not bad like the one in the bedroom. Hopefully a good cleaning and waxing will make it look nice.

While he was at the house, he had some company. One of his brothers (he has four of them) came by to check out the place. It was in the 50's so they were able to walk around the yard and check out some of the barns. Wendell was so happy to tell me about what he found. Another crockery bowl and several crocks too! I really have to give the man a camera. The impatient Italian in me can hardly wait to see them! *laughing*

The plan for today is to go over to Illinois again and pick up the necessary hardware we need for the kitchen cabinets and hopefully the area rug. Hopefully it will not rain. I am hoping to go to Gordman's again and pick up one of those big metal stars for on the wall. I have a 20% off coupon that I need to use before it expires. I don't know where it will go but I will find a spot! Maybe someone here in blogland can help and give me some suggestions.

Tomorrow will be a day that we all go down to the house and work. I will finish painting the doors and try to ge the second coat of paint onto the cabinet doors. I think I have decided to let Wendell have his way and paint the insert on the doors, the same yellow color as the walls. What he doesn't know is that I hope to come up with an idea for something to paint on them that won't limit my decorating options in there.

Take care and have a great day!

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I LOVE crocks!! I told you that barn would be a good place to investigate! Hmm...its first thing in the morning and Im craving chocolate cake....gee I wonder why??? Im working on the passport!

    ReplyDelete