Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our Productive Saturday...

We left bright and early Saturday morning to get as jump start on the work needing done at the house. When we got there, we were greeted by the daffodils that have started blooming. A sure sign of spring, right? They are all over the yard.


While we were there I got a phone call from my oldest son, Jared. He brought my 'other' grandkids over for a visit. Their names are Mystic and Duke, and yes, they are Great Danes. Duke is 2 years old and has the biggest head I have ever seen on a dog! Mystic is only 9 months old and is so sweet. They love to play but watch out. Its like Superbowl Sunday when they tackle you!


One of the major accomplishments was getting the ugly carpeting tore up in the livingroom and the bedroom. The livingroom floor had been painted but I think it looks beautiful! A good cleaning and waxing should make it look great! I can hardly wait to get my furniture moved in. Just need to figure out where to put it all. Does not help that the one wall has the baseboard heater, cause I don't think there is much I can put up in front of it.


We weren't as lucky in the bedroom. Under the old, 70's green carpet was some ugly old linoleum. It cracked in our hands when we pulled it up. Disappoint set in when we discovered the floor was like this under it all. Apparently they must of had a rug in the middle of the floor at one time and just painted the floor around it. Ideally, would like to sand it and re-do it but Wendell says, if its not ours, he's not putting that much time and effort into it. I am now on a mission to find a 12' by 10' area rug or remnant. By the way.... how do you like the 'butter' colored walls?

After the carpets were torn up, I started painting trim (white!) and Wendell worked in the kitchen, taking down th cabinet doors to sand. While I was painting the trim, I heard a crash. Wendell fell off the step-stool he was using. Said he wasn't hurt but he tries to cover it up because he knows I worry about him. Said he fell right on his butt. I am still waiting for him to wake up to see how he is this morning. I may have to give him a day off. He has worked non-stop for almost 5 days down there.


While we were outside playing with the 'kids', I was walking around the garden looking for signs of life. I am not sure what this is but I was thinking it could be Swiss Chard. Anyone have any ideas??? The base of it looks reddish and the leaves are really curly.

I can't wait to get moved in so I can start working on the garden. I have such plans for it this year. Plus I cannot wait to start on a few painting projects.

I guess I better go for now. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! Take care,

Debbie




6 comments:

  1. Debbie Sounds like you were really busy. Love those dogs. Really big. LOL

    Have a restful sunday

    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be so excited watching things come up! And once you are there you can clean up the gardens and it will look awesome! Our first spring here was like *christmas*!! Flowers came up all over the place and we have so many lovely ones that come up every year!The floors look good...and I totally understand the painting around a rug thing...happened here too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    The hardwood floor in the living does look beautiful. At least in the other room, a rug will hide the ugly part of the floor. I love the yellow color on the walls...it looks great.
    Hope your hubby is ok and not too sore today from his fall.
    take care, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to see that spring is just around the corner!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been very busy.... by the way - I love those dogs!! Especially Duke :)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. the living room floor is a Beaut!! :)
    Ahhhh so nice to see "SPRING" somewhere! I wish my daffs were blooming! heck I wish they were sprouting outta the ground!!
    Those dogs are gorgeous!

    Enjoy your day,
    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete