Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

Yesterday I was not able to go by and help at the house so I decided to cook Wendell a good meal. We did a catering a few weeks ago and served Chicken Parmesan. I loved it but he had never tried it. Its a really simple recipe and took practically no time to prepare.


Chicken Parmesan


INGREDIENTS


3/4 cup - Butter
2 cloves - Garlic, minced
1 cup - Dry Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup - Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp - Fresh Thyme, chopped
2 tbsp - Fresh Basil, chopped
2 tbsp - Fresh Oregano, chopped
1/4 tsp - Pepper
1/2 tsp - Salt
6 - 4 oz. Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat your oven to 35o degrees F.

Melt the butter with the garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble, remove from the heat and allow to cool slighly. Stir the bread crumbs together with the Parmesan cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, pepper and salt in a bowl. Dip the chicken breast in the butter, then press into the seasoned bread crumbs. Place the chicken into a sprayed, 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Bake in the preherated oven until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center. (about 45 - 55 minutes)

*Since I didn't have the fresh herbs, I used dry and cut them down to 1 tablespoon each.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The meal turned out great and I really surprised him when I baked him a lemon cake. Was pretty good for a 'buffet' day because I usually come home and don't want to cook at all.

I am planning to go down to the house today and at least check out everything he's been doing. He has been working in the kitchen on the cabinets all week and I am anxious to see how the green and yellow really look together.

This weekend we have plans to tear out the carpeting in the diningroom. I hope we are not disappointed again. I still have to get a rug or figure out another solution to covering the bedroom floor.

I was able to get a lot of extra boxes yesterday to use for packing. I am really hoping that we will be able to move next weekend. It will be so nice to finally be there.

Well, I better go. I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. Only one more day till the weekend!

Take Care,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment