Monday, March 2, 2009

14 Days Till Moving Day....

I woke up this morning and kept looking around, thinking how I can't believe we only have 14 days before we have to leave our farm. While I am excited about the new place, I am really going to miss this one.

Yesterday before we left to go paint, Wendell spotted two pair of wood ducks on the pond. When we came home, they were still there. In the three years we have been here, this was the first time we actually had any wild ducks spend any time here.

We spent another afternoon down at the house painting. The livingroom is almost done. I helped Wendell by painting the room up to where he still needed to prime the top part of the walls. Its really going to look nice I think. Now if I can only convince him that we need to leave the trim white. He is still pushing to do it in a darker shade of green.


Here he is telling me to get back to work! He is such a slave driver! Just kidding... I could not have asked for a sweeter guy. I am so proud of him working through the pain. His back and shoulder were really bothering him but he pushed himself to get the room primed so I could paint today after school.

While Wendell was finishing up in the livingroom and patching the cracks in the bedroom, I scrubbed the floor in the kitchen and bathroom. Now I can at least begin moving in stuff. I just need to figure out where. The bathroom is half the size of the one we have here at the farm. The toilet is so close to the sink, someone keeps hitting his elbow everytime he goes for the toilet paper!


There are plenty of cabinets in there but they are so high. I am thinking I will have to keep a step-stool close because I am so short!

I was trying to figure out how I will be putting my towels and sheets in there. The two side cabinet doors have these little shelves attached to them. My towels will be really cramped up in there, if I can get them in there. I hate to remove them.


This is the spot in the bathroom where the lady had her washer! I have no clue how she got around in there. It definately had to be a tight fit. You can see where she had a little water damage in there. I would like to put some type of shelving in there but will have to wait until the perfect piece calls to me.


Here is the medicine cabinet and another little cabinet next too it. No lack of storage space in here. Its one room I can live with until we get moved in and settled.

It is all, slowly coming along. I can almost envision what it will look like when I am done. I'm just an impatient Italian, wishing it was already done! *laughing* Well, I better get moving. Its Monday and I gotta get ready for school.

Take care and hope you all have a great week!

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. I say leave the trim white..... a darker color is going to make your light green paint look even more yellow! Looks good though...cant wait to see it all finished! Hmmm...guess I better get my passport huh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your new home! Looks like it's coming along nicely. If you don't need the storage of those super high cabinets (the ones all the way at the top), you could take the doors off and use them to display stuff. Just an idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I noticed your comment on Cricket's blog and I recognized the picture from FV ~ small world, eh? I haven't been around the village much (but I do plan to get back there, SOON!). Just wanted to say hi :) I'm going to add your blog to my reader list. ~Jessica (aka "jamauk")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I think you should leave the trim white. Hope ya have fun in your new home! =D

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. White trim.


    So you are going to salvage those springs are you?Will you try to sell them or make something?

    I'm so glad you have found a place and that you even excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,
    Looks like things are coming along as you get ready for move-in day.
    I just wanted to let you know that my backsplash that you like is faux tin(comes in alot of colors)...and you can get faux tin sheets that match for you out-let plates. You cut them and put over the out-let covers, just like you would when using wall-paper.
    Hope you are having a great day.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete