Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Dessert

Since we were spending most of the day over at the new house cleaning and putting in the new water heater, I had promised Wendell a nice dinner complete with dessert. Well, when we got home he was not feeling all that well so I talked him into taking a nice hot shower while I started supper.

His favorite restaurant is Outback Steakhouse and since I could not afford to take him there this year, I thawed a package of steaks I had purchased and broiled them in the oven. To go along with the steaks, I baked some seasoned steak fries and made a salad. He loved it! Said it was better than Outback's, just missed one thing.... the Bloomin' Onion!!! Guess I need to work on that for next year.

The best part of the meal was the Strawberry Napoleon. He loved it! It was a recipe I got from Sara's Sweet Surprises . It was so easy to make. Thank you so much Sara for the recipe! I will definately be making it again.


Hope everyone had a sweet day!


Debbie

5 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet wife. And that dessert looks amazing! I bet it tasted amazing too!
    Isn't it great that you can make a dinner at home that taste just as good, if not better, than take out?
    Just think of all the money you saved that you can put into your new home!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my last post... it means alot to me that others are keeping us in they thoughts and prayers.
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are also going through job losses and losing your home. I will be keeping you in my prayers also.
    I know what you mean that all of this makes us realize what is really important. I know that our family will be stronger/closer because of this.
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that dinner sounds so nice and that dessert looks yummy. I need to get the recipe for that.
    Also I am glad you checked out my paranormal blog. I have a lot of fun with my ghost hunting. I try not to take it to serious but do believe there are things out there that I can't explain. Stop in often. I have a new post going up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry if this comes up as a double comment. I don't think the first one took.
    The dessert looks wonderful. I am going to check out the recipe. Also I am glad your hubby enjoyed dinner. Thanks for checking out my paranormal blog. I am glad you liked it. A lot of people are uncomfortble with the ghosty stuff. I have a new post that is going up later tonight so check in again soon.

    ReplyDelete