Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Simple Salisbury Steak

Everyday after I get out of school, I call Wendell to check in and see if I need to stop somewhere on the way home. Today I call and he tells me that he has bad news. Fearing the worse, I ask what happened. He tells me that he doesn't know what to fix for supper. After I tell him I am going to kick his butt for scaring me, I tell him its ok. I have a plan!

INGREDIENTS


1 pound - Hamburger
1/3 cup - Bread Crumbs
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup - Onions, minced
1 1/2 cups - Mushrooms, sliced
2 cups - Beef Broth
2 tbsp - Flour

In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and onion. Shape firmly into six oval patties.


Put 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a hot skillet and cook the patties until brown. Remove the patties and spoon off the excess fat. Stir in the flour and some of the beef broth to make a gravy. Let it thicken some before adding in the rest of the broth and the mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the patties back into the gravy and simmer for 20 minutes, or until done. Be sure to turn the patties occasionally for even cooking.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These turned out great except for one thing.... Wendell says there was not enough salt! He is so fustrating! *laughing*


Take Care,


Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, I am going to have to stop reading your blog because I am going to get fat from all the good food you post about lol
    (just kidding..I love the blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL-he sounds like my hubby! :)
    That looks so yummy!!

    Thanks for sharing-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, this looks GOOD! I love home-cookin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks YUMMY!!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful dish!!
    Many Blessings.........
    Lori

    ReplyDelete