Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Lazy Saturday???

Today I just woke up feeling 'blah'. Crampy, cold and just not wanting to do much of anything. I guess its got a lot to do with it being only 26 degrees outside and raining. The weatherman said we could get some rain and wet snow today with only a high of 37 degrees. Sounds like a good excuse to sit at home, in front of the heater.

That is at least what I would like to do. What I will do is venture down to the house and try to get some painting down or at least the bathroom cleaned up and ready to move things in. Wendell went down there yesterday while I was at school and did a little patching and priming of the kitchen walls. We are hoping to get moved in there in the next few weeks.

Here is a picture of my 'sis' and her husband. Holli and I are not sisters by birth, but sisters by choice. We met about 13 years ago, through a pen pal site for country singer John Berry. Ever since then, we have kept in close contact and talking almost everyday thanks to the wonders of the internet. I have had the pleasure of visiting her a few times in Nova Scotia, where she lives and she has been here once too.

About nine years ago, we and our significant others, made a trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and got married! Wendell and I on the 1st of August, and then Holli and Dave on the 2nd. It was a very memorable trip for both of us.

Recently I talked Holli into starting a blog. She is very much the crafty person and has a wonderful old house that she and Dave are renovating. Please go visit her at Where the Rooster Crows. Tell her that her 'sis' sent you there.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I do enjoy reading what you all did to keep yourselves busy. Hopefully I can get myself motivated to get something done.

Take Care and stay warm,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sis!! I love reading your blog and of course Dave loves that I do because I keep trying your recipes! I am slowly building mine...hope to get some pics of inside up later today!

    ReplyDelete