Saturday, February 14, 2009

How Will You Spend Your Valentines Day?

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone has a chance to spend it with the one they love. I will be spending my day with my sweetie... cleaning! If we aren't too tired afterwards, I hope to make him a nice dinner and a special dessert that I found on Sara's Sweet Surprises. You should check out Sara's blog. She will get your mouth watering, for sure!

DH and I agreed, no gifts this year but then I told him how I would really love to get some seeds to plant an herb garden. We both love to cook and it would be so nice to be able to use fresh herbs instead of dried ones all the time.

I guess technically, I did get some jewelry for Valentine's Day. Wendell found this pin and a few others yesterday while cleaning out some of the closets at the house. I think this is one I would actually use. He found a few others too. I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Yesterday I promised Sasha a trip 'bye bye'. She was so excited. Jumping around like Tigger! When we got into the jeep, she just sat there with her 'doggie' smile. She is such a good dog. I could not imagine not having her around. I think she had a good day because she was plum wore out by the time we got home.


Plans for today are to finish peeling the old contact paper off the walls and cleaning things down so I can prime them to paint. This picture does not do the colors justice but I decided to paint the walls yellow (Butterfly Bush) and the cabinets a darker green (Western Cactus) color. I love all things Sunflower so hopefully the kitchen will turn out great.

Wendell and my son, Jared, are suppose to put the water heater in today so I will finally have some hot water! Woo Hoo!!! His girlfriend, Danielle, and my friend Regina, from school will be helping me upstairs. My hope is to have at least the kitchen cleaned and ready for paint by the end of my long weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold out for us too. Its suppose to be in the high 40's.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Debbie



2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I am so happy for you. Sounds like you found a great place to live and to treasure hunt to boot. I love old homeplaces, they are so full of history and character. As soon as you get the chance after moving in, maybe you can get some chickens that you have been missing. Good luck!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like you are having a great adventure with this new home. Lots of hard work ~ but finding the little treasures through out the process gives you some nice breaks I bet.
    I love old costume jewelry - that little heart is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete