Monday, February 23, 2009

Help! Paint Decisions in the Kitchen...

If you have been following our adventure in moving, you may remember how bad the kitchen looked when we first saw the house. (Believe me, the pictures made it look a lot better than it actually did.)

Well yesterday I dragged Wendell's butt down there so I could start painting the kitchen and he could start priming the livingroom. I was really pleased with the colors I had picked out for the kitchen. They looked wonderful on the paint splotches and the picture they had in the store. Now I am doubting myself.


The yellow looks much paler in the pictures but I think when its all done, it will look a lot better. Now the green for the cabinets, I am not so sure.


This color actually looks about as light as it does in thre pictures. I'm thinking I may have to go darker. What do you think? I plan on using sunflowers as part of my decor in here so maybe once I get it decorated it won't look so bad. I'm begging for ideas girls! Hopefully I will have the chance to run down there and look this afternoon when I get out of school. Maybe it will look better to me then.

I was hoping that Wendell would go down today and finish priming the livingroom but I am not holding my breath. The high today is suppose to be 33 degrees and breezy. The TV reporter who has been doing our story is interviewing the landlord and his wife today, at the house. They do not have keys to get in, so I was hoping if nothing else, Wendell would go and they could go in and have a look too. We are suppose to be interviewed again on Thursday so they can get an update on everything that is going on with the sale of our farm and what we are doing to move forward.

Well, I better get moving and get ready for school. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Take Care,

Debbie




5 comments:

  1. I really like the green shown in the picture! Reminds me of springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are going to be a TV star?! That is fantastic!
    It is so hard to tell in the photos the colors...my camera does the same thing...it makes my sage green look blue sometimes!
    What are the name of the colors? Pale yellow will look so sunny...just what you need for a kitchen, especially if you are not a morning person!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Sometimes it's hard to tell what the colors really look like from a picture...but I like how the yellow and green look in the picture. Great colors to go with sunflowers.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think it all looks perfect. Even the cabinets. It looks like a perfect little dainty country-cottage hidden in the woods. Ok, I'm getting carried away...lol!!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost impossible to get colors to come out right when taking pics...but I think it looks wonderful and work well with your sunflowers...so cheery! :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete