Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feels Like Spring...

This weekend has been so 'spring-like'. The snow and ice are really melting fast. Dare I hope spring is close behind even though the groundhog saw his shadow?



The plans for today are to make a homemade chicken pot pie for supper and get all the necessary cleaning supplies together for tomorrow's trip to the new house. I am getting so excited the more I think of it. I was checking my school calendar this morning and realized that I have a 5 1/2 day weekend this week too! Thank goodness for parent-teacher conferences, presidents day and teachers workshops!!! I think Wendell was happy about it too. Now he won't be stuck doing a lot of the work himself.



Last night we sat down and had to make a list of things we need to do first. We both agreed that the water heater is first priority. Last spring when it flooded in the basement, (thanks to a 10 inch, downpour in 4 hours) the water heater may have been damaged. Wendell is hoping its just the elements and says that can be replaced. I am so thankful for a husband who worked in that field before.



I am hoping he will wait until I get there to go through all the closets. The crafter in me wants to look through everything to see what I can use. I think every closet in that house had clothing in it and with fabric being as expensive as it is, I hope to take advantage of it.



There is so much work ahead but I am so ready to get started. Hopefully, I can get pictures taken as we move along. I am also hoping for any suggestions. If you see something that inspires you, please tell me.... I want this place to be place I can be proud of, and inspiring to others too!



Well, I am off to make my supply list. Hope to hear from you! Take care and I hope you have a beautiful Sunday where you are too!


Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm hoping for Spring too. I'm tired of cold weather. We got our snow and I'm ready for hotter weather.

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I almost forgot! You have an award at my blog!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the previous post on the house and I am drooling and feeling tired all at once. I can tell you have a BIG project ahead of you, but the place has so much potential. I am jealous. I can imagine this place in a few months looking all cute and cozy. As for the bottles, keep them or give them to an antique store. You don't find a lot of those old medicine bottles any more. The crates and barrel are a find too, I would paint them and find a way to use them. I can't wait to see photos as things progress

    ReplyDelete