Thursday, February 12, 2009

Christmas Challenge for February

I am happy to say I have completed my second gift for the Month of February. It is a scarf and 'sock-type' hat for a friend. The Christmas Challenge that I signed up for on Frugal Village is really paying off for me in getting me prepared for the holidays. It was such a mad scramble to come up with gifts last year.

I am already trying to come up with ideas for March but thanks to Cathy at Cobblestone Farms I may have it figured out. She has made the cutest hearts out of salt dough for Valentines Day. It got me to thinking I can maybe do something similar for upcoming holidays to give as gifts. You should visit her site and she is a very creative lady and has a very interesting blog.

Take Care and Happy Crafting!

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. looks like you really have a jump on things. i need to start thinking ahead like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie~ Thanks for coming by my blog. I always enjoy meeting new blogging friends.
    I'd thought I come by and answer your question before I start returning visits from my last post.
    You can substitute the Mascarpone with cream cheese. You can also add 1/4t vanilla extract to dilute the sour taste that's inherent with cream cheese. The flavor changes slightly, but I used it for many years before I found the Mascarpone at our Organic grocery store. It might be an item you could order from your local grocer. The flavor reminds me of pure cream in a soft cheese form.

    I took a peek through your previous post. I can relate to moving into a older home. We've been in this one for 26 years. We were not as fortunate to have found the treasures you discovered in yours.
    The wallpaper removal is hard on these types of papers. A wallpaper steamer cuts the work from hours to minutes. You can rent or purchase it at a home improvement center. I couldn't believe how much easier that icky task went.
    Let me know if you've got any other questions from culinary to decorating, I'm more than happy to help.

    Sweet Wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete