Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini

I didn't want everyone to think I had given up cooking with all the posts about the new house so I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes. I have been making this recipe for years and I think this time was the best it ever tasted.

INGREDIENTS


1/4 cup - Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup - Corn Starch
1 cup - Chicken Broth
1 can - Evaporated Milk
1, 8 oz pkg. - Spaghetti, cooked
2 cups - Chicken, cooked and cubed
2, 8 oz cans - Mushrooms
1/2 cup - Cheddar Cheese
1/2 tsp - Salt
1/4 tsp - Pepper

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the corn starch and begin whisking. Cook over a low heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Now, slowly add the chicken broth and milnot. Heat until boiling and the mixture starts to thicken up. Continue whisking through the process as it will scorch on the bottom if you are not careful.


Stir in the cooked spaghetti, chicken, cheddar cheese and mushrooms.


Pour into a greased, 2 quart casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese over the top during the last 5 minutes of baking.


I made two of these and brought one to school to help celebrate our teacher's 51st birthday. The kids all seemed to love it and I even had a few ask for the recipe.


The birthday boy, 'Doc' Cain

Well, I need to scoot out of here. I have to be at school early today so I can help get things ready for our big catering of 300. Its the biggest that we have done at the school this year. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures to share.

Take care and I hope you all have a very enjoyable Wednesday!

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. That looks goooooood! I'm looking for some good casserole recipes. I never know what to do with leftover chicken/turkey.
    Thanks Debbie!

    ReplyDelete