Monday, February 2, 2009

Bringing in February


This weekend was really bright and sunny. Had a heatwave of 57 degrees according to the thermometer on our front porch. I actually sat there with no jacket on because the sun felt so good!


Even the lady bug 'impersonators' were out in full force. They are definately one thing I will NOT miss, living out in the country.



While I was sitting on the porch, Wendell braved a trip up the driveway to spread some salt. Even though the sun was out and some of the ice was melting, our yard was like a big skating rink. Should be really fun today since it got down into the low 20's last night and might get up to 35 degrees today. I have school today so hopefully I will be able to make it up the hill.


Sasha, our baby, loves this weather and when she wasn't watching her 'Daddy', was running around the yard, slipping and sliding like a mad dog. She is so fun to watch. We have had her for 4 years now and cannot imagine what life would be without her in it.



Of course, she is not always a good dog. Here she is walking across the pond after we have gotten on to her a dozen times.



This is the back side of the pond. It looks so pretty frozen over. One would never believe that there's a few 10 pound catfish, lurking in the water.



This is the side of our house that faces the highway. I am really going to miss this place. I have to call on a few places today and hopefully I will hear from the lady at 4Sight on assistance with the rent and deposit. I emailed her last week but gotten no response.



Then last night I was cooking supper and what do I see out my window??? A tractor trailer had pulled out of the drive from across the street and apparently his trailer was not locked on. It came off and slid down into the ditch in our yard. The picture was taken from my livingroom window. It doesn't look that bad but took them about an hour to get it out of the yard and back on the truck. We are lucky it didn't come rolling down, into the house.

Well, that was our excitement for the weekend. Today I have school, provided I can get up the icy driveway. Plus I need to get boxes for packing. We have 24 days left to find a place and get everything packed and moved. I placed an ad on the local Craigslist to find a place but so far no responses. I don't really expect to hear anything because that would be too easy, right?

Take care and stay warm!

Debbie


4 comments:

  1. Debbie~Good luck to you on the house hunt!
    Packing doesn't sound like a fun thing to do...but just think how fun it will be to unpack in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your search! I'll pray you find the perfect spot quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha is so pretty! Good luck with your house search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I know that packing isn't that bad, but....unpacking is a nightmare for me. ;)

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete