Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wendell's At It Again!

Ok, I am beginning to wonder if my blog is in danger of being taken over by my dear husband. He seems to be in a competition with me to do the cooking. Months of not having any desire to do anything seems to be changing! Mind you, I am not complaining because he has not taken an interest to doing much over the past few months.

Yesterday he decided he was going to make a meatloaf for supper and this is what he came up with. It turned out pretty good!


Wendell's Meat Loaf


INGREDIENTS:


2 - Eggs, beaten
3/4 cup - Milk
1 cup - Cracker Crumbs
1/2 cup - Onion, chopped
1/4 cup - Carrots, grated
1 tbsp - Parsley
1 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp - Oregano, dried
1/8 tsp - Black Pepper
2 lbs - Lean Ground Beef
6 - Strips of Bacon

In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and milk; stir in the cracker crumbs, onion, carrots, parsley, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the ground meat; mix well. Lightl pat the mixture into an 8 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan.

Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers about 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Cooked it about 45 minutes and then put the bacon strips across the top of it. Put it back into the oven until the bacon became brown and a little crispy. Spoon off the additional fat.

I served it with peas and cauliflower with a cream sauce. It turned out to be a wonderful meal. Maybe I can share this blog at least one day a week... *laughing*

I just wanted to add that the carrots were put into the meat loaf only because I had made the carrot cake earlier in the day and we didn't want to waste them. What better way to sneak in another veggie?

Take Care and Stay warm,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment