Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

Just like a kid, I was happy to see that I got my wish for snow... Even if it was in the form of sleet. It started last night around 10pm and continued most of the day. Right now, as I am typing this it is still coming down. Woo Hoo! Another snow day tomorrow???


I should of spent the day packing and doing something for our move but we had run out of boxes so I had to find something else to occupy my time. I had been wanting to sew for the past month but something kept popping up. Well this afternoon, I pulled out one of the many patterns for aprons that I have and got to work.

Being a culinary student, I figured it would be nice to have a few aprons to show off while serving the Wednesday buffet. Wendell actually found this italian themed, pasta print at Hobby Lobby. Lucky for me I had a 40% off coupon. Hobby Lobby is one of the only two places left around Cape Girardeau, to purchase material and with the 40% off coupons that come in the Sunday paper, it allows me to treat myself to some material when I have the extra cash.

Since it looks like school will be cancelled again tomorrow, I think I will work on another apron. Dare I try for two? I remember my grandmother wearing them when I was small. How I wish now, I had kept a few when she passed away. Gotta love hindsight!

Take care and stay warm,

Debboe

2 comments:

  1. Your apron looks quite cute in the picture. Seeing it and reading about your sewing adventure makes me want to pull out some fabric and find a patern to make one myself. I have a couple that were gifts that make me feel good in the kitchen while cooking. Good luck on your schooling and enjoy the snow. I am envious as we are looking at 5o's around here and no prediction of snow this winter. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the apron turned out great! i would go for two if it were me :)

    ReplyDelete