Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Chore List


The plan for the weekend is to get what I have to do around the house done today so I can try to sew tomorrow. With my going back to school this week, the household chores have really been ignored. Hopefully all of that will change today.

With the house being up for sale, I have to do something. I don't want people to think we live like pigs. Of course it would help immensely if my husband would help but the past few months have taken a toll on him (us). He just hasn't felt like doing anything. A lot of it is the MS, I am sure. The cold weather doesn't help either.

The first thing I did this morning, was may a 'To Do' list. It always helps me to stay on track. It also helps me see those things get checked off the list. Makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing a goal.

#1 - Clean the bathroom
#2 - Clean the kitchen
#3 - Take down the Christmas tree
#4 - Dust and vacuum the livingroom
#5 - Get a load ready to put in storage
#6 - Re-organize upstairs freezer
#7 - Do laundry
#8 - Make a bread starter

Hopefully, sometime in between all that I can plan supper and pay some bills too. The laundry will probably get pushed to Sunday. Its something I can do between cutting out my apron and actually sewing it.

I don't know if I'll get it all done but with some luck I might be able to get DH out of his 'funk' and help me. I really do try to be patient with him but its not fair that I get stuck doing everything around the house when he is not working. I understand the MS does affect him but he is so lucky to at least be mobile and be able to do things around the house. A lot of people with this disease can't. I don't want to see him get in a mind-set that he can't do something when I know he can.

Hope you all stay warm and have a very enjoyable weekend.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment