Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pizza Party?

Yesterday was buffet day at school so I was pretty tired when I got home, but being the sweet wife that I am, I made home made pizza.

Wendell had been talking about pizza ever since I came home with the breadstick recipe. Only thing was, he wanted me to do a wheat crust. A few years ago, I had tried my hand at selling Watkins. They made a wonderful wheat crust mix that he loved. I searched until I found one that sounded pretty good and tried it for the first time last night.

It didn't turn out too bad but I think next time, I will mix a little all-purpose flour in it. Probably a mixture of half wheat flour/half all-purpose flour. Here is the recipe:

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups - Lukewarm water, 110 degrees fahrenheit

1 tsp - Honey

1 1/2 tsp - Olive Oil

2-4 cups - Whole Wheat Flour

1 1/2 tbsp - Yeast

1 tsp - Garlic Powder

1. Mix together the water, oil, honey and yeast. Let sit for about 10 minutes until foamy.

2. Add two cups of the flour and begin mixing. (Note: if you are using a mixer like a KitchenAid, you add the additional flour until the dough pulls away clean from the sides. Knead about 7 minutes in the mixer.)

3. If mixing by hand, add one cup of flour at a time until the dough reaches the right consistancy, knead until smooth and elastic.

If you choose, you can let the dough rise but I went ahead and rolled it to put on my lightly greased, baking sheet. Pierce the rolled out pizza dough with a fork.

Bake the pizza crust at 450 degrees, for about five minutes.

Add your sauce and desired toppings; then back into the oven to continue baking. About 10 minutes.

Makes two, round pizza crust or one full-size baking sheet crust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It turned out pretty good, though the pepperoni tended to make it a little greasy. One piece, along with my regular salad, filled me up!

Hope you enjoy!


Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment