Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hash Brown Casserole




I promised a recipe today so here it is. Its a good one too, if I do say so. I had found this in a recipe file at school and thought it sounded good, so I would give it a shot. Let me warn you though. It is very rich. I made this for breakfast yesterday and I probably have enough left over for at least three more days!

INGREDIENTS:


5 to 6 cups - Frozen Hash Browns, shredded
1/2 cup - Butter, melted
1 can (10.5 ounces) - Condensed, Cream of Mushroom Soup*
3 cups - Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 small - Onion, chopped
1 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp - Pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all of the ingredients into a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.

Put it in the oven and bake for one hour, or until it is bubbly and browning on the top.

Now, turn the oven on to broil for a couple of minutes to complete the browning on the top. Serve while still warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*You can substitute the Cream of Mushroom soup with either Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery. They all will turn out great. You can also make this the night before and just pop it into the oven in the morning. A great time saver!

It went really well with sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Was a great surprise since I don't get up early and fix breakfast very often.

I hope you enjoy it because we sure did.

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good! I'll be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete