Monday, January 26, 2009

Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things


Have you ever wondered what else you may be able to do with ordinary things you already have around your home? I hate to throw away something for fear I could of used it down the road. Can we say 'pack rat'?

This morning I came across a site that I found a lot of useful information on Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things. I easily spent 30 minutes looking through the lists and I love it! Its on the Reader's Digest site.

The list for all the different uses for bleach gave me a few ideas. Bleach is something almost all of us have, right? I never knew that to keep freshly cut flowers fresh longer, just add 1/4 teaspoon of bleach to quart of water to the vase. Another recipe called for 3 drops of bleach and 1 teaspoon of water to a quart of water. this will keep the water from getting cloudy and inhibit the growth of bacteria.

The list goes on and on. I hope you find it usesful too!

Take care,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Debbie! I'm a pack rat too! lol Thanks for that link...I'm off to look stuff up.
    Have a great day!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome info, thanks for sharing that link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a pack rat who doesn'r really believe he is one. Just look at my barn! I keep everything. I tried to open the site, but it was taking too long. I'l try later.

    Great another excuse to keep stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to find uses for otherwise ordinary items but my house and every cupboard have reached bursting point!!!
    Though as soon as I throw out Anything I then need it!! lol!
    Thanks for popping by my blog too....I will be back

    ReplyDelete