Monday, January 19, 2009

Blonde Brownies


The other night, while Wendell and I were discussing finances, he stated that he wanted to eat healthier and was ready to give up on all the 'store bought' snacks. I was thrilled to hear this because I do worry about his health and snacking habits.

Now, anyone who knows my husband, knows he has a big sweet tooth. I knew he wouldn't be able to give up the donuts, cakes and chips easily, so I agreed to bake him something at least once a week. I figure that at least this way, I know what he's eating.

Last night, as a surprise, I baked Blonde Brownies.

INGREDIENTS:

6 tbsp - Butter, softened
1 cup - Brown Sugar, packed
2 - Eggs
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cups - All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp - Baking Powder
1/2 tsp - Salt
1 cup (6 oz.) - Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup - Pecans, chopped

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.

Spread into a greased, 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Yields: 2 dozen

These turned out great, especially when served warm with a little vanilla ice cream. I had one, happy husband!

Stay warm,



Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment