Sunday, December 21, 2008

How We Met


I don’t know if anyone will be interested, but I thought I’d give everyone a little background on us, to let you know who we are. My name is Debbie, and my husband of eight years, is Wendell. We both, were previously divorced and met online, through Match.com. We had both subscribed to the website during a one week, free trial. The week was almost up when I received Wendell’s profile. I almost didn’t email him but he was only 15 miles from the town I lived in, so I sent an email.

We corresponded through email for a week when I got brave and suggested that we meet. I picked the local Hardee’s at 7 p.m. as I figured it would be a very public place. He told me what he would be wearing, so I would recognize him, but all he knew about be was that I was short, had long brown hair, and was a little heavy.

I got to Hardee’s first, ordered a soda, and sat in a back booth where I could see the door. Well, about five minutes before Wendell showed up, a very heavy girl, with long brown hair, came in and sat down at a table, right in plain view. (Can you see where I’m going with this?)

He was right on time. At first glance, I was very pleased with what I saw.. He on the other hand was a little scared. Especially when the large girl is whom he saw first. I just sat in my booth, giggling to myself. He went up to the counter, and order a soda. That was when he turned around, and noticed me. He mouthed the words, ‘Are you Debbie?’. I just nodded yes, trying not to laugh out loud.

We sat there for four hours talking the night away. I couldn’t believe how fast the time was going by. We were still sitting there at closing time. Since that first date in march, we’ve always been together. We moved in together three weeks later. We were engaged by May, and married on August 1st, 2000. I don’t regret a minute of it, and would do it all again.

Between us, we have three children, Jared is 24, Lucas is 22, and Kyla is 15. Jared, and his girlfriend, Danielle, blessed us with our first grandchild in November of 2007. Jaygen Anthony is the light of my life. If I had know that a grandson would be so much fun, I would have had him first!




1 comment: